Note: This Roadmap is preliminary and subject to change.
Suggestions regarding the Roadmap, features and priority are appreciated.
On a technical level, significant refactoring is anticipated as we introduce additional features.
Asside from general clean-up, some specific refactoring targets include:
- Feature: Create an Overall Feature List for a Project
- Subject Area: UI improvments
- Drag-and-drop a Feature to the Project Tree
- Drag-and-drop (to move) a Feature in the Project Tree
- Directly edit a Feature in the Parking Lot graphic
- Produce Reports for a Workpackage
- Display a Feature Kill Burndown for a Project (or Workpackage)
- Save the Options for the FDD Tools Application
- Move from beans binding framework to the JGoodies binding framework.
- Introduce validation framework (JGoodies>
- Migrate to MigLayout
- Evaluate and possibly move to use more SwingX components (JXTable specifically)
- FDDI Support
- Advanced metrics tracking (for each milestone) -- Planned and Actual Dates
- Basic Workpackage Support
Road to 1.0
Alpha 0.5 -- Initial release (7/23/2004)
Alpha 0.6 -- Project Model Manipulation and Persistence (8/17/2004)
Alpha 0.7 -- Bug hunt and fix release (9/3/2004)
Alpha 0.8.5 -- Print Management and UI Enhancements (7/3/2005)
Alpha 0.8.7 -- Internationalization (unscheduled enhancement - 10/18/2005)
Alpha 0.9 -- Project Management (Options persistence)
1.0 Beta -- Bug hunt and fix release
1.0 Release -- After all critical and major bugs discovered in 1.0Beta are fixed.
1.1 Release -- Resource Management Moved to 2.x
1.2 Release -- Report Management Moved to 2.x
Last updated: 07/14/2009